Friday, July 31, 2015

Before "Style" was chosen as #1, the song was tied with "Earned It" late on July 1

In my opinion, Taylor Swift and The Weeknd have the two best songs so far this year. Here's what happened:

From my notes

"Style" and "Earned It" tie at 10 PM on Wednesday, July 1, 2015 when I made the decision that this will end in a tie.  

at 10:30 PM I decided to stick with "Style" at #1 but it was one of the closest of my decisions about which song would be #1.

Now let me add a few more thoughts:  Actually, I think I even went back to the two songs tied, then just before 11:30 p.m. I thought it was style.

My final thoughts, which are important, are that Taylor Swift's "Style" is a very well produced song and the sound of the song in the TaylorSwiftVEVO video on YouTube is one of the best I've ever heard. That makes it a wonderful listening experience. The Weeknd's "Earned It" sounds great on YouTube but I think the radio single is better. "Style" wasn't played on the radio the last couple of days before I made my decision. The radio version ending of "Earned It" really put a powerful exclamation mark on the song, and those two songs were so very close.

Now, I'm going to do the rock list and I got a feeling something different is going to happen.